Conference: Unequal Families and Relationships
We look forward to welcoming you to our 5th international conference, offering delegates opportunities to attend seven streams, skills taster sessions and take part in a dynamic closing session on creating research impact, taking place in the beautiful, vibrant city of Edinburgh.
13th – 15th June 2016 at The John McIntyre Conference Centre, University of Edinburgh.
The conference will address key questions relating to ‘unequal families and relationships’ and we invite applicants to submit papers across the seven conference streams:
- Global social change: personal life, global inequalities and environmental issues
- Health and caring: inequalities and relationships
- Generation and lifecourse inequalities: childhood, older age, intergenerational relations
- Technologies and inequalities: work, family and relationships in a digital age
- Personal life and social divisions: disability, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, social class
- Researching and understanding unequal families and relationships: methodological and theoretical debates
- Work, institutions and civic society: inequalities of work and un/under-employment
- Julia Brannen
- Kathleen Gerson
- Lynn Jamieson
- Chang Kyung-Sup
- David Morgan
- Peter Moss
And including stream leaders:
- Ros Edwards
- Stevi Jackson
- Kimberly Jamie
- Lydia Martens
- Natasha Mauthner
- Ann Phoenix
- Julie Seymour
The call for papers has been extended until Tuesday 15th September 2015. Applications may be submitted here.
Early Bird Delegate Fee of £325.00 includes 3-day conference attendance, all refreshments & lunches during the conference plus Monday evening drinks reception.
We have a limited number of subsidised places at £160.00 available and these will be granted in the first instance to PhD Students who are presenting at the conference.
*Delegates who are presenting at the conference are expected to pay the appropriate delegate fee.