The Permanent European Conference for the Study of the Rural Landscape (PECSRL) is hosting its next event in Innsbruck, Austria from September 5-9, 2016. PECSRL is an international network of landscape researchers whose interest focus on the past, present and future of European landscapes. But it’s not only about landscape. It’s also about rural development, regional development or small towns and little villages.
PECSRI 2016 Conference Themes:
· landscapes in times of global and climate change
· agriculture and regional products
· tourism landscapes
· regional development
· traffic problems between transit and local traffic
· renewable energy production landscapes
· settled landscapes between abandonment and overcrowding
· protected areas
· physical and ecological landscape processes
· mountain services for their surrounding regions
· rural landscape history
· recent theoretical and/or methodological advances on landscape research
The first opportunity is to submit a session proposal related to one of the above themes by October 31. Abstract submissions will follow later this calendar year.