Thursday, January 18, 2018
Social Enterprise: Building Opportunities
Presenters: Darcy Penner, Dayna Lutes, and Kyle White
Recordings of all of our webinars can be found on the RPLC YouTube channel. Visit the site to see all of the rural related webinars or check out some of the TIC-network related webinars below.
- 2017.12.06 – Manitoba Look North Series: Investment Ready, Ruth Mealy, Richard Pauls. Video, Powerpoint
- 2017.11.29 – Doing Community-Based Research: It’s a People Process , Greg Halseth, Laura Ryser. Video, Powerpoint
- 2017.09.22 – 2017 CRRF- Keynote Speaker: Christopher Horsethief – Reconciliation in the Age of Reconciliation. Video
RURAL ROUTES PODCASTS: related to INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES
- S2E2 – Julie Bull on Research Ethics in Indigenous Communities: https://soundcloud.com/ruralroutes/s2e2-indigenousandruralresearchethics
- S2E6 – The Future of Forestry: https://soundcloud.com/ruralroutes/s2e6-future-of-forestry
- S1E7 – Mining Legacy in the North: https://soundcloud.com/ruralroutes/episode-7-mininglegacy
For more episodes on a variety of rural issues, please visit: http://ruralroutespodcasts.com
Rural Routes is a Leslie Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development and Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation initiative. This show is supported through a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Connection grant.
Blanchet-Cohen, Natasha, and Mutang Urud. 2017. “Tana’ Bawang (Homeland): Cultural Safety and the Kelabit Land Struggle in Borneo.” AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous Peoples, June, 1177180117714409.
Mulrennan, Monica E. 2014. “On the Edge: A Consideration of the Adaptive Capacity of Indigenous Peoples in Coastal Zones from the Arctic to the Tropics.” Geological Society, London, Special Publications 388 (1):79–102.
Natcher, David, Shea Shirley, Thierry Rodon, and Chris Southcott. 2016. “Constraints to Wildlife Harvesting among Aboriginal Communities in Alaska and Canada.” Food Security, October, 1–15.
Petrucka, Pammla, Deanna Bickford, Sandra Bassendowski, Wayne Goodwill, Connie Wajunta, and Bonnie Jeffery. 2016. “Positive Leadership, Legacy, Lifestyles, Attitudes, and Activities for Aboriginal Youth: A Wise Practices Approach for Positive Aboriginal Youth Futures – ProQuest.” Journal of Indigenous Health 11 (1):177–97.